All equipment is provided during class by Sand Castle University.
Tool kits are currently NOT avaliable for purchase.
Anything can be used to sculpt, this is a list of tools we recommend.
Sand Sculpting Tools
- Imagination (make whatever YOU want)
- Buckets (for hauling water)
- Plastic Shovel Remember, NO holes! (top layer/fluffy sand is the best)
- Masonry OR Serving Spatula (found with concrete tools or party supplies)
- Mellon Baller OR Measuring Spoons
- Pallet Knife OR Pastry Spatula (found in art/paint or cake decorating supplies)
- Chip Brush (found in bulk paint aisle)
- Spray Bottle OR Pump Sprayer (if it sprays water, it works)
- Bucket/Trash Can made into a Form *see below
- Lubricant for Forms *see below
- Patience (sometimes they fall and that’s okay)
**You can use heavy duty scissors (tin snips) or a saws-all to cut bottoms out of buckets. Spray with your choice of lubricant before using.